31 de enero de 2012

~

       I think about the days when we were young and carefree. We never even bothered to ask who are we or who we should be, we just existed with no resistance; we were superheroes then.. But times have changed and wars are raging underneath our skin.
       We're dodging bullets and holding ground, pushing, pulling and weighing down.
What happened to that cape I used to wear?
Is it out there? And if you find it somewhere inside of me, help me see it because I should be flyingI wanna be a superhero again and finish this war under my skin.
       Oh but, history has shown us that when times are gettin hard it's time for us to grow and see exactly who we are. The morning after the storm is always brighter than the rests, right? Especially when you know you past your test, but the tests are only standardized.
       In little public schools were they've given you all the answers and prepared you with the rules. I don't think life on earth is set up quite the same, it's every man out for himself until we make things change. Can we make things change? So give me one thing, something please, just a glimmer of hopeI'm on my knees. I need to know that I'm not, that I'm not crazy, and if I am then tell me now so I can tie my cape to my straight jacket and bow out, 'cause I am not about to go down this wayNo, not the superhero today, I guess I'm not the superhero today.



Now I know we said things, did things that we didn’t mean and we fall back into the same patterns, same routine, but your temper is just as bad is mine is you’re the same as me. When it comes to love you’re just as blinded. Please, come back it wasn’t you maybe it was me. Maybe our relationship isn’t as crazy as it seems, maybe that’s what happens when a tornado meets a valcano. All I know is I love you too much to walk away though. Come inside, pick up your bags off the sidewalk. Don’t you hear sincerity in my voice when I talk? Next time I’m pissed I’ll aim my fist at the drywall. Next time? There won’t be no next time. I’m tired of the games, I just want him back. If he ever tries to fucking leave again I’mma tie him to the bed and set this house on fire.



1 comentario: